The concept of object orientation is not new but the designing methodologies starts taking its place late 1980. This was the time when developer started understanding the potential of object oriented programming and was looking some methodology that can be mapped with programming constructs available in object oriented language. There was need of Designing methodology where the concepts and principles of objects orientation can be applied in designing and later same could be applied in coding. With the well specified widely accepted object-oriented analysis and learning methods in place, architects get the confidence that their design will be supported by an object oriented programming language.
Developers can understand the design very well as they can relate designing constructs with programming constructs they would be using. A smooth and quick transition from designing to coding is possible with object orientation. So overall a software organisation gets a common platform for system Architects and developers.
Object orientation is way of Thinking a problem with real world prospect the concept of system in mind is mapped in the objects, their properties behaviour and interaction.
1] object orientation avoids the problem and pitfalls associated with conventional designing methodology.
2] the concept that we mostly address in object orientation approach is classes objects inheritance generalization specialisation polymorphism and abstraction.
- objects are Central concept in object orientation. It represents the abstraction of any real object in Problem domain. It reflects the capability of the system. It reflects what information system will keep and also it reflects what method is it offers to interact with the system.
- information hiding and abstraction is another Central approach of object oriented designing. If a module is well contained with its own information, it will be less dependent on other models and hence changes can be easily done without affecting the other models.
- object orientation analysis is the first method applied in object oriented methodology of software development.
3] The architectural baseline created during the elaboration is converted into final system in construction phase construction phase strictly follows the architectural baseline and and maintain its integrity. Requirements, analysis and design is finalized in construction phase and implementation is started to build the initial capability of the proposed system.
- in object oriented modelling, we do not concentrate on pure data mod, show the objects are identified not only with the data but also with operations. The object are then mapped into several classes. The classes can be used to depict advanced modelling concepts like specialisation, generalisation, aggregation, etc.
- the above mentioned of identifying objects and mapping them into classes is called static object modelling or domain modelling.
- does static object modelling can be implemented by widely accepted and standardise calling language called uml, the unified modelling language.